Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Latest Version 7.5.06

05 February 2018 (7.5.06)

• NOTE: Defining FATAL ERRORS in the CONFIG file: There are three fatal errors that will preclude you using a configuration file.
    If the DEFAULT folder cannot be found, then this is a FATAL ERROR.
    If the LOGPATH folder cannot be found, then this is a FATAL ERROR.
    If the PATH folder cannot be found, then this is a FATAL ERROR.
    Other CONFIG commands or configuration issues may be assigned to the FATAL category at a later date.
  • Carter Coordinate Conversion: Have implemented the Carter Coordinate conversion to Lat/Lon (NAD27), UTM (NAD27), and KY Single Zone (NAD83).You can get to the "calculator" at any time by selecting this from the "Utilities" menu bar. You can copy and paste from the calculator into the appropriate data into other programs. If you do this menu selection on the Coordinate Input Screen, you can input the Carter coordinate to be processed, press the "Compute..." button, then press the appropriate button to copy the data into the coordinate slot.
    The "NAD83?" datum question will be filled in automatically based on your button press.
    This has not been implemented for the Catalog Search or any other section that allows coordinates to be input. If there is a need, let me know.
    When you save the coordinate as the C-Master Carter coordinate, the format will be changed to FNL and FEL, regardless of the input. FNL and FEL are the C-Master defaults.
    The software is a re-host of the code used by the KY Geological Survey and has been verified against their on-line tool.
  • State Plane Coordinate Systems: I discovered a fault in the government public domain SW I use; it affected Alaska State Plane coordinates. Looking deeply, the Alaska SP coordinates data was inaccurate for AK Zone 1. I replaced the Alaska with more accurate software from NADCON.
  • CIMPORT C-Master Logs: I (and maybe you) have been having trouble with selecting a file from a folder NOT using a wildcard search. In this case, a file dialog is opened, and one can navigate to a file folder, select one or more logs, then click "Open..." to select these files for importation. It doesn't work every time.

I will file a trouble report with the SW vendor in an effort to get this problem resolved. However, there is a better way (see below).

• CIMPORT C-Master Logs: As a result of the above, I have added a feature that allows this problem to be bypassed. You can now drag and drop a number of files from a folder for import.
    To do this, choose Option 5 to display currently selected logs. With this window displayed, choose the folder that contains the logs you wish to import, select the log(s) to be imported, then drag-and-drop these files onto the C-Master window. These logs will be added to the list. Note that this process may NOT add them in numerical (sorted) order. If this is important to you, there is a new button that will SORT the files in alphabetic sequence based on the complete path name (folder name and file name).
    This SORT operation will reset the Select/Deselect criteria for ALL files.
  • CIMPORT C-Master Logs: If a valid log header is not detected (this might occur when Option 5 is used), the file will automatically be deselected from the list.